Q: How do I Schedule AceErase to Run Automatically?
A: How to Schedule "Shred Your Tracks" Items to Run Automatically
If you use AceErase on a regular basis to Shred Your Tracks, you can now use AceErase's new
Command Line Options together with the Windows Task Scheduler Wizard to create a task that runs AceErase for you automatically according to a schedule you choose.
For example, if you use AceErase every week to shred your temporary internet files, cookies, internet history, and address bar history, here are step-by-step instructions how you can schedule these tasks to run automatically.
Note: you must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps. If you aren't logged on as an administrator, you can only change settings that apply to
your user account.
- Step 1. Open Task Scheduler:
- On Windows XP: Go to Control Panel > Scheduled Tasks > Add Scheduled Task
- On Windows Vista or Windows 7: Go to Control Panel > System and Security > Administrative Tools > Task Scheduler
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Step 2. Click the Action menu, and then click Create Basic Task.
- Step 3. Type a name for the task and an optional description, and then click Next.
- Step 4. Select Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or One time, and then click Next.
- Step 5. Specify the schedule you want to use, and then click Next.
- Step 6. To schedule AceErase to start automatically, click Start a program, and then click Next.
- Step 7. Click Browse to find the AceErase program. Add the arguments "-auto noconfirm" in the Add arguments box, and then click Next.
Note: "-auto" will run AceErase using the current Options and Shred Your Tracks settings, and "noconfirm" will bypass the initial confirmation message presented by AceErase, allowing the program to run uninterrupted. You may also use any other Command Line Options you wish here.
- Step 8. [Windows Vista / Windows 7 only] Place a checkmark in the box titled "Open the Properties dialog for this task when I click Finish", then click Finish .
- Step 9. [Windows Vista / Windows 7 only] At the Properties dialog, make sure to place a checkmark in the box titled "Run with highest privileges", in order to bypass any Windows Vista or Windows 7 User Account Control (UAC) confirmation messages. This will allow AceErase to run uninterrupted. Click OK.
- Step 10. Open AceErase and set the Options and Shred Your Tracks settings you want to use. AceErase will use the current settings whenever it runs as scheduled.
Important Note! If you change AceErase Options or Shred Your Tracks settings in the future, AceErase will use those new settings when it runs via the Windows Scheduler. So please make sure to check your AceErase settings when you schedule AceErase to run automatically.